To the Mind Space MK members, partners and supporters,
Mental health never stops being a priority. There are a few updates we want you to know:
Expansion and Rebrand
Thank you for making Mind Space MK a hit. We’re over the moon to have so many loyal members in Milton Keynes, and the opportunity to expand into Stockport. There’s no way this could have been done without you.
Our plans for a venue near Bredbury, Stockport, have been temporarily put on hold as our services move online and our volunteers work from home.
Suggestions made by potential funders and future trustees included a rebrand. Mind Space MK from 22 nd April will be Lighter Minds UK. Our logo has been updated to reflect our new ideals: helping those in dark times find the light switch.
- Our new website address is www.lighter-minds.co.uk and the old website www.mindspacemk.com will shut down from 22 April but all vital information has already been moved across to the new platform.
- Our new e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our phone number and HQ address at Unity Park Station, Milton Keynes, remains the same.
We are applying for a bank account so that Lighter Minds UK can receive charitable grants, funding and other benefits for its members. At the moment we supply free drinks, snacks, games, sports equipment (due to collaborating with Rethink Mental Illness) but if there are any suggestions or feedback from attendants or future attendants, please get in touch to let us know your thoughts.
We hope you’re all staying safe and keeping to the recommended social distancing measures. Our thoughts are with all the emergency services staff and key workers keeping our country going during the toughest measures. Breakouts like these can impact our mental health – for tips on getting through, check this link from the Mental Health Foundation.
Due to social distancing restrictions, the Lighter Minds UK peer support group sessions are suspended until these measures are lifted and we can safely meet for our beloved community support groups. Booked speakers have been cancelled and are willing to rearrange. Kathryn Weaver will be giving her talk on Eating Disorders at a later date.
Throughout this period, the phone line has been available Monday to Sunday 9AM to 5PM and we also have increased our online availability:
- We have opened a Skype account where you can message us instantly for free! Search for Lighter Minds UK, our e-mail address or our Skype ID live:.cid.263989a23f3ccdb7, this is available 8AM-8PM Monday-Sunday during this breakout
- You can reach us during a crisis for free via e-mail on email@example.com
Write CRISIS in the subject line and we will respond ASAP, this is available 8AM-8PM Monday-Sunday
- Lighter Minds MK has an online Facebook group where our Milton Keynes peer support group can join to chat with each other and stay in touch. We encourage our members to exchange contact information and social media accounts to remain supported throughout this time
You can get help online for mental health issues surrounding the coronavirus outbreak at:
Please bear in mind that these online services are manned by a single volunteer currently, and we will reply to all messages, e-mails and calls as quickly as we possibly can. Thank you for understanding. We will wait to be reunited with our members and supporters.
Take care and well wishes,